This week we have the privilege of bringing you a great interview with Dr. Tom Shepherd. He is currently Chief of Staff of Lancaster Baptist Church, West Coast Baptist College, Striving Together Publications, and Lancaster Baptist School.
We believe it will be a blessing and an encouragement to you as you learn Dr. Shepherd’s journey of working as CEO of several Hospitals, to retiring as Vice President of DeVry, and then coming out of retirement and into ministry.
In This Episode We Look At:
- Dr. Tom Shepherd holds several distinguished degrees including Doctor of Health Administration from the Medical University of South Carolina. Dr. Shepherd shares with us, while serving at a very young age as CEO of Diagnostic Hospital, how God lead him to various career and company changes which stretched and grew his faith.
- By faith, he started a healthcare company while having eight children to feed. One of his endeavors was even a 21,000 turkey farm! Later, Tom was recruited by DeVry to serve as the Executive Vice President of their Medical Veterinary School.
- While his career path has been quite impressive, what’s more remarkable is the decision Dr. Shepherd made after a well-deserved retirement; returning to work! But this return wasn’t for monetary reasons. We will learn how he was called and what inspired him to come on board with Lancaster Baptist Church and Ministries.
- There are many decisions in life and career that are not black and white; not morally right or wrong. So how can we know where God wants us to work? And where does He want us to serve? I believe we can learn a lot from Dr. Shepherd’s life, career, and ministry experience!
Today’s Resources and Links:
- Tom on Twitter
- “The Fourth Quarter“, Dr Don Sisk [Affiliate Link]
- “Good to Great” [Affiliate Link]
- “Essentialism” [Affiliate Link]
One Thing You Can Do Today to Improve Your Financial World:
- Is God challenging you in your current career? Is He leaning on your heart about ministry? Remember that the purpose of our lives is to glorify God.
- Are you approaching traditional retirement age? Consider how you may apply your skills and work experience to serve the Lord during your “Fourth Quarter”.
What Are Your Thoughts?
If you have a question or comment about today’s topic, we invite you to share your thoughts.