According to the Federal Reserve’s Report on the Economic Well-Being of U.S. Households in 2014, 47% of households indicate that they would have great difficulty handling an unexpected $400 expense.
No one likes unexpected expenses. There are plenty of other ways we would enjoy spending that money. But this report points to a heavier matter. If so many households are unprepared for such a modest expense, where do we stand in our preparation for our future income needs?
In This Episode We Look At:
- Four hindrances that keep us from saving and investing; Time, Money, Misconceptions, and Presuming God’s grace will make up for our lack of planning.
- Scripture teaches us that is it wise to save for a known future need.
- Saving for our family’s financial future requires faith and action.
- We discuss practical applications for saving and investing today.
Today’s Resources and Links:
- Budgeting worksheet– Feel free to save a copy and use how you’d like.
One Thing You Can Do Today to Improve Your Faith and Finances:
- Decide to make saving and investing a priority after tithing and offerings. Diligently look through your monthly household expenses and capture dollars that can be directed toward savings and investing.
What Are Your Thoughts?
If you have a question or comment about today’s topic, we invite you to share your thoughts.