There are plenty of programs and systems out there that teach you how to get out of debt. Unfortunately, without knowing the biblical principles and addressing the heart; staying debt free is unlikely.
Today we will look at credit in terms of indebtedness.
In This Episode We Look At:
- The incredible financial similarities between Christians and the world
- Bible principles that speak to the heart of debt problems such as: Learning to be content, fleeing covetousness, and avoiding materialism
- Avoiding debt altogether. We discuss Proverbs 22:7 where the rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender
Today’s Resources and Links:
- Christians Conquering Credit: Part One
- 11 Questions to Ask Ourselves About Debt by Randy Alcorn
- The Skit Guys “Meet The Sanders: Bailout”
One Thing You Can Do Today to Improve Your Financial World:
- Purpose in your heart and mind to honor the Lord in your finances by saving for needed purchases and avoid getting yourself into debt. Remind yourself of the many financial promises of God: Matthew 6:33, Proverbs 3:9-10, and 2 or 9:8-10.
What Are Your Thoughts?
If you have a question or comment about today’s topic, we invite you to share your thoughts.